Saturday, September 29, 2007

Welcome

Welcome to the first edition of Nor-Cal Game Guy. My name is Glinkman and I am the resident video game junkie north of Sacramento. I've been playing video games for the greater part of the last 2 decades. I started on a humble Comadore 64, playing Burger Time and other games. From there I graduated to the Famicon (NES for the uninitiated) when my parents gave it to my sister and I at Christmas in 1988. From there, the gradual progression of consoles kept my attention for the next few years, until 1995 rolled around. In 1995 we got the most kick ass computer around. A Packard Bell 486DX with Math Co-Processor, 8 Megs of RAM and a few hundred megabytes of hard disk space. From then on, I was a PC Gamer. Doom, Quake, Command and Conquer, were my hordeovers. Now, I'm not such a polarized gamer. I embrace all formats, console or PC, Windows or Mac, Single-player or multi-player. I think as one gets older, the taste buds begin to spread out over a spectrum, creating a digital palette of gaming goodness, allowing one to enjoy a multi-faced approach to gaming.

I hope you will have as much fun reading my blog as I do making it. I'll try not to bore you with trite, personal stories about how my life is so mundane. Rather, I'd like to make you think about the world through the eyes of a video-gamer.

10-4 Good Buddy

No comments: