Tuesday, February 3, 2009

FFVII: Advent Children

advent-children-2Alright. I’ve seen it. Inspected every bit. I want to know WTF is going on.  After wasting 90 minutes of my life watching this movie, I had a few notes. Maybe some one can help me out here.

  • What is up with the androgynous weirdoes. In a world filled with violence, there is only one masculine looking dude. Everyone else has long hair.
  • Why is everyone so damn depressed? There is too much “emo” bullshit for me. It’s almost like an animated 90210 episode. Final Fantasy: High school.
  • Over-over the top action. The matrix is one thing, but this is an entirely different beast. Motorcycles that can instantaneously drive backwards after spinning out?  Re-tar-ded in my opinion.
  • Speaking of motorcycles, if Cloud can fly, why the fuck does he ride a motor cycle?
  • The movie did have some cool 80’s metal/rock mixed with some interesting symphony accompaniments.
  • There were some neat character designs, especially the dude with the gun arm.

I guess I just can’t get into the whole universe of FF. I liked “Spirits Within” but according to FF purists I know, it had nothing to do with the FF universe. I played FFXI for 6months still don’t get this movie. I’ll leave it to the PS3 fan boys  to cream over.

No comments: