Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Left 4 Dead


Alright. I'm convinced. This game rocks. I think I've played the demo more than 40 times. I'm still not bored of the game. I think I'm calling it Game of the Year. I guess it might be a bit too early to start saying that, but the AI director is pretty sweet. Every game is different, even though you are playing the same level. I wasn't planning on pre-ordering, but holy crap, its pretty amazing.

I wrote Gabe Newell an email the other day. I was just so impressed by the 5 minute video. Well tha game is the same way. I told him that Valve games are not made, they are crafted.

PROs:
-4 player co-op mode for story mode.
-AI Director: Every game is custom tailored to your performance.
-The game immerses you from the start. Dripping with atmosphere.
-Team work is a must. Lone wolfing will get you a hunter on your back or a smoker around your neck.

CONS:
-Demo's interface is too much like the console. I'd much rather have total steam integration for chatting and game finding.
-AI team will take pills and health before letting players get powerups.
-No Melee weapon! (hehe)
-Users cant effectively draw the attention of a tank from a teammate.


I feel really sorry for the zombie panic source mod, because this blows it out of the water. With a 4 player co-op game, the action is focused and you can't neglect your team.

BOOYA! Sorry to be such a fan boy, but I think this game is going to give PC game a good shot in the arm. I think anyone playing FallOut 3 is going to drop what they are doing and head to L4D. However, on the console side, I think the story is a bit different. The console version of L4D is going to have to be toned down so much because the lack of freedom to move and aim. The controler severely limits reaction times. Fighting the rush of zombitos coming at you from behind is going to be difficult when you turn about as fast as a roast duck on a spit. Also, i think that the console market is flooded with shooters constantly. If you got a gaming PC and activly purchased games, you'd save money by sticking with the PC than the 360. 44 dollars vs a 60 dollar price tag. Not to mention, im getting exclusive access to the demo before the douches in 360-land can even touch celophane.

Well, I shouldn't be celebrating untill I'm out of the city, cause I just crossed the street.

"Groovy"

No comments: